Sunday, February 12, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Longwear - Calla Lily

Calla Lily (CL) is a super sheer white with a golden shimmer.  I layered two coats of Calla Lily over Orly's sheer beauty (plain sheer white) and here's how it turned out.




I skipped the colorstay topcoat and just used Revlon's quick dry topcoat instead, which worked out fine.

In some pictures you can see my yellow tips, I think the gold shimmer kind of accentuates that.  I keep buying polishes that do that.... I don't know why but, I don't really think that clearly when I'm in the store.  I just think "oh your pretty, I'm going to buy you..." 

Next time I'll try this over another polish.  I hate opaque white polishes, they seem so stark to me and I keep thinking it looks like I played around in the office with white out.  So that's why I didn't layer this over a solid white. 

Overall it's not bad at all, it will be one of my go to work manicures.

Thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. i hate opaque white polishes too! im amazed how some people get to carry them perfectly, i just cant! Calla lily is very pretty! followed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo sheeeer >__< i'd probably experiment with layering this one, because i hate having my nail line show :x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sheerness to it, it looks great but not over done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks really nice as a topper coat to other colors I find. It really looks pretty over all the great oranges (Sorbet in this line) and also in this same line like it over Buttercup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ beachgal: I'm going to try your suggestion! Thanks. Also, I have sorbet, I'll post soon, I've been distracted by Sinful Colors.

    ReplyDelete