Wednesday, January 30, 2013

D: Dirty Berry by Catrice

Hey there!  D is today's ABC Challenge and I'm showing a swatch of Dirty Berry by Catrice.  DB is another bottle I got in a swap with Criminal Nails!  Catrice is not available in the US, so this is extra special to me.  This light purple polish has some micro holo glitter in it.  However, it's not a very strong holo, and tends to only show up in super bright sunlight, which we hardly are getting these days... cold, dark, winter.  Although the last two days have been unseasonable warm, but today it's really cloudy and going to thunderstorm with tornado watch... so I might lose power. UGH!  Oh and the temperature is going to drop 30 degrees so now we can all get sick from the wide temperature swings. Nice~!

Anyhow here is two coats of Catrice, DB.


Also, I went up to Sally's the other day and picked up this bottle of Rush top coat on a whim.  It was on sale for $3.99 for one whole ounce!  I've only tried this top coat once but what I can say so far, is that it dries to touch in one minute and after 10 minutes I was able to go about my business. Impressive!  This might become one of my top coats that will be in regular rotation.

There's a smaller bottle, but this one was on sale, so that's why I got it.  Since the bottle is big, the brush is really long and weird to work with.  I probably just need to get accustom to using it.  Lastly the formula is a bit runny so I got top coat all over the place and had to do a second cuticle clean up. Ooops.  Now that I know that, the next time I use this top coat, I'll just be more careful.


Below are the ingredients.  I think ingredients are important.  Whenever I see a cosmetic review (same goes with food) and the ingredients are left out, I say in my brain, "minus 5 points out of 10"!  I can not completely evaluate a product without knowing what's in it.  With nail polish I just look for the big four, DBP, toulene, formaldehyde and camphor... no big deal, since most nail polishes are big three or four free these days anyways. With skin products however, I do look for petroleum based products, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic perfumes, mostly, and will avoid those. I look for other stuff too, but those are the basics.


Here's how the room is coming along.  Take two steps backwards.  We painted one coat of Benjamin Moore's Cream Silk and it turned out to be a very light yellow, lemony yellow.... At the first brush stroke I knew I didn't like it.  My husband said, well just paint one wall and see.  So we ended up painting the entire room, and spent two days evaluating it.  Oh boy, we could not convince ourselves to like it.  So one day of labor and $100 worth of paint down the drain, not literally, just figuratively.


Below is the paint chip, second to the top, Cream Silk.  I thought it would be a warm white, not a light lemon color.... so we shall see. Benjamin Moore has 140 different shades of white to choose from so its a daunting task, to say the least.


Well that's it for today.  Next I'll show you what color we ended up with.

40 comments:

  1. Someone please email me the working HTML code. PLS! irelishnailpolish@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I almost chose Dirty Berry for letter D aswell, but I am glad you did because it's stunning and looks great on you :) Glad to oblige ;)

    And as great minds think alike, I purchased 73ml of INM out the door top coat (so 3x the regular bottle) to prevent running out of it again! I'll probably have the same problem with the brush...

    Yuck, I can just hate this yellow color! 140 tonalities of white is a lot to choose from! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni, just emailed you the java script to drop into the end of your post's html.

    PS. I'm in love with this polish, and Catrice in general. It's stunning. Gorgeous "D" mani!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dirty Berry. It's such a pretty shade!

    And, I emailed you the right code :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh that's such a pretty color!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I don't have anything like it. It is dusty!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous color! Sometimes I wish we could get polishes like Catrice over here too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this is so pretty! Wish this was available in the US

    ReplyDelete
  9. What are the odds? I also chose Dirty Berry!!! Great minds think alike!! Wink, wink!! ...I haven't published my post yet...guess until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that color! I don't think I have anything in my stash quite like it...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never tried Catrice, and don't know where to get it frankly, but that color is really, really nice! That sucks about the yellow wall! I hope you guys find a color that suits you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! I might be a good think we don't have Catrice or I would be buying even more polish!

      Delete
  12. Very pretty polish. You can never go wrong with any kind of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen that top coat before....now I'm gonna look for it!! The weather has been pretty crazy here too, but is par for the course for BC!! You're room is coming along, lucky duck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole. I haven't seen Rush before either.

      Delete
  14. Man, I love Catrice! DB is the one color that I've been dying for!

    I've tried the Rush top coat as well, but it hated my nail chemistry. It literally sat on top of my nails like saran wrap. I was bummed since it works great for a ton of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting about Rush, I've only used it once so we will see how it really stands up. Thanks Kimber.

      Delete
  15. Such a lovely polish and it looks great on you! They don't sell Catrice here in Finland either :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dirty Berry is amazing! Such a must-have shade for any polish addicted I think.
    You should "depot" the top coat into a smaller bottle and just fill it while you use it. I think it would be so much easier to paint it that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea Simona, I might just do that.

      Delete
  17. The perfect dusty purple, I wish I could get my hands on it. Awesome shade

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been wanting this polish forever! It's just so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aghh it is so pretty! I have wanted this FOR AGES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I had no idea this was on so many people's wish list!

      Delete
  20. Oi tudo bem ?
    acabei de conhecer seu blog ..
    Adorei ele e seus post
    se puder passa no meu blog
    ficarei feliz em vela por lá ...
    estou te seguindo

    Beijos

    http://mundofashiondataah.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow let's hope that there will be no tornadoes coming! The color is so pretty. I feel so stupid not buying this at the store!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No tornadoes came...thank goodness. I always believe the news and listen to the authorities. LOL!! It did thunderstorm and got really cold again. Thank you Lariesa!

      Delete
  22. i have this color too, it's untried for me though!

    ReplyDelete