11 Random facts about me:
1. Right now, I'm 37.
2. I have brown eyes and brown hair.
3. I have a younger brother.
4. I'm right handed.
5. I am very near sighted. I wear contacts during the day and glasses at night.
6. I watch TV via the internet on my laptop. I do not have a physical/actual TV in my house.
7. Most numerous possession in my house aside from nail polish, my husband and I have about 80 pairs of shoes and maybe 200 books.
8. English is the only language I speak fluently and I think that is sad.
9. One of my greatest fears is becoming a single mother.
10. My highest hope is to retire early with no debt.
11. I feel one the most challenging parts of life is "finding happiness" that... and growing old. There's a saying that growing old is not for the weak or weary? I think this is true.
1. What is your favorite brand of nail polish?
2. What is the best nail related on line tutorial you have ever seen?
How to paint nails, by Michele at Laquerized.com After I started painting my nails like this, my cuticle clean up sessions are very short. Here's the link.
3. Do you like warm weather or cold?
I prefer warm weather over cold. I don't like hot weather. I especially hate hot and humid climates and I live in one (Mid-Atlantic, US). I do have to say I love fall and winter clothing. I get excited over new fall clothing collections. I own several winter coats and jackets (like 15, I need to clean out my closet!). I love spring trench coats and I own five of them. I don't spend much money on summer clothing. I tend to slob out in the summers like the rest of America i.e. flip flops and t shirts...
4. What is your favorite perfume or scent?
I don't have a favorite... but add sandalwood to a floral, and I tend to like it. I do like herbal-scents like clary sage and lavender around the house. I do like to clean dishes and the kitchen area with citrus scents, they smell "clean" to me. However, I don't like to wear perfume, though. I prefer unscented lotions to scented ones.
5. What would you do with $100 if you could spend it freely?
Go to Ulta and buy nail polish!
6. What is your favorite face cream?
Good question. I don't have a favorite and have been hopping from face cream to face cream for years. I need a recommendation! Right now I'm using "Simple" for sensitive skin, face cream. Green and white jar from Walgreens, cheap, about $10.... So far it's okay, I like that it is unscented and not greasy.
I will say this. I do have a favorite face cleanser and it is Cetaphil for normal skin. I've been using this for more than 15 years. I've strayed a few times by using other cleansers, but I always come back to this one. My husband uses Cetaphil too.
7. Do you have any pets?
Yes I have a dog, and 2 cats. One of the cats is mine, and the other is my brother's, which I am taking care of while he is away travelling. We refer to them as the gang of toddlers. They are needy. They play together. They fight among each other. They make messes and have accidents. They are helpless and depend on us for food. Their defiant...yep, just like toddlers, except they can be left home alone for a few hours.
8. What are your top three favorite movies?
Lincoln, (Steven Spielberg) the whole thing.
Joe vs the Volcano, my favorite parts are his shopping spree, scenes with Angelica and Mr. Whaooo Watori.
Marie Antionette (Sophia Coppola) the whole tragic thing!
This list will change, but I do want to mention I have really been enjoying Judd Apatow movies lately! See below.
9. What is your favorite magazine?
Just one??? Time magazine for events.Vogue for fashion. House Beautiful for home.
10. What is your go-to base coat?
Right now it is Gelous, from American Classics. I don't think there's anything special about it except you can actually wear it alone as a clear coat and it is fast drying.
11. Coffee or tea?
Both. I start every morning with a cup of coffee. Then move through the rest of the day with tea, any kind. My favorite is just plain black tea. I drink green tea sometimes. I love a good cup of coffee as an after dinner dessert. Oh wait, I love Earl Grey as ice tea, too.
So that is it! Feel free to share your answer to any of the questions above in the comments section. I'd love to hear from you!