Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tony Moly - GS09 - Shooting Star

I have a few posts lined up but I'm skipping them for now, because I'm totally excited to show you Shooting Star from Tony Moly!  Check it out!



Shooting Star is light lavender milky jelly with multicolored hex glitters.  There's some really tiny yellow glitters scattered in there too which I think adds some dimension to this polish.  Shooting star is sheer but the base color builds up nicely.  Three coats will probably give you full coverage but I liked the sheerness so two coats is fine for me. 

I thought the lavender would stand out more but it is actually really soft and blends in with my skin.  Next time I'm going to try to layer this over a solid pastel lavender polish for more contrast.

I thought about recreating this on my own, with Ulta's Pina yada yada, but that glitter has lots of orange hexs and not too many large green hex glitters.  Plus I don't have a sheer light purple polish, so I went ahead and bought Shooting Star.  I couldn't be happier, so pretty!


I thought I would show you a picture of the brush, its a little different than what I'm used to.  The brush is short, soft and blunt.  It actually works really well.  I skipped the clean up process entirely and the soft brush was really good at picking up lots of glitter and depositing them on the the nail. 

Tony Moly is a Korean cosmetics brand that's not readily available in the US. I found mine on eBay, for $7.95 with free shipping from Hong Kong.  It took 10 days to get here (east coast US), and the seller enclosed a free skin care sample, some tape/stickers, (I don't know what I'm going to do with them), and a really nice thank you note.  Don't you just love it when sellers add some nice extra touches? 


Lastly, I want to add, I just love the ultra modern bottle design, and pearly white cap.  The bottle I got is 10 ml. 

Have you tried this brand?

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh what a sweet polish :) I really like it, although I would only use it over a solid base, I hate to see my nail line... It looks lovely on you, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool looking polish! i'd love to see how it looks layered :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm definately going to layer this and do a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg thats really pretty. no wonder you re-ordered a moly! :D -Loving Sunshine

    ReplyDelete