Sunday, November 27, 2011

Orly - Royal Velvet

What can I say about Orly's Royal Velvet (ORV)?  It is beautiful.  Blue base, purple duo-chrome, and it goes on like velvet, smooth application. Two coats and it evens itself out, does that make sense? That's a sign of a good formula, I think.  This is definitely one of my favorites!

Originally from the spring 2011 Precious collection.  I found this in the clearance bin at Ulta, $5.49.  I hope Orly doesn't stop making this polish because it is a winner!




I used one coat Orly's bonder base, two coats ORV, one coat China Glaze Fastforward top coat (CGFF).  Urgh!  CGFF topcoat, you can see the shrinkage on the tips.  I have to get better at wrapping tips, I don't do it often because I'm not good at it, and I get messy results. 

Anyone care to share their favorite top coat in the comments section?

I know, I only have three followers.... I'm still having fun blogging to myself though.... hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. This color looks soooo cool on you! I had it at one point, but I swapped it away.. and now that I'm seeing it on you, I want it back!!!! :(
    I'm sticking with Seche Vite for now, but I heard NYC Grand Central Station is better!! It's actually a clear coat, and not a top coat, but a lot of people seem to like it as a top coat. I picked up 3 but I haven't tried them out yet haha.

    ReplyDelete