Saturday, March 3, 2012

China Glaze - Fireside Glow - Swatch

I've got two posts for you today.  I decided to separate them since they are a little picture heavy.  Fireside Glow (FG) is from China Glaze's holiday 2011 collection.  I was at Ulta and Sally's every week in December and I never saw this polish, until after Christmas, this was in the clearance bin for $3.49.  Weird! 

Anyways, FG is a densely packed bronze, copper micro-glitter in a clear base, it also has a moderate amount of holo glitter, that gets a little lost on the nail.  You can see it in low light, in person.  In the photos, you can see the holo glitters in the bottle.   Overall, FG has a neutral effect and isn't really that shimmery or shiny.  It dries dull.  Adding a top coat helps, but it really isn't that exciting.  I think it might be nice if your craving some texture or gritty-ness?




See the holo glitters on the blurry pinky finger?  You can see them in the bottle too.

Well, I do have to say it was a breeze to apply.  This is two coats, over a base with China Glaze's fastforward top coat.  I skipped the clean up step entirely, and it dries really fast.  So, if you are in a hurry but need some neutral, yet somewhat unique coverage, FG might be the answer.

Don't forget to click to the next post.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment